Monday, March 19, 2007

SNL Steals Buxton_Legal's Idea

Last Saturday night, Saturday Night Live aired one of their fake commericals that was CLEARLY stolen from our friend Buxton_Legal's Buy Gold video that was featured right here at the Family Normal last week. I know they put a lot of stuff on that show and it is less-than-good sometimes but stealing Buxton_Legal's idea is interesting. The orange juice is a dead give-away. They probably saw this clip on Monday when they were brainstorming for the show and decided to rip off Buxton_Legal's clip.

Watch both videos and see the similarities and post your comments on the rip-off video on YouTube to show solidarity.

Developing...

5 comments:

Buxton Legal said...

Thanks, Joe. This is a fascinating development. I thought you were joking when you emailed me about SNL's skit yesterday, but then my sister emailed me about it, too, and now I have seen it for myself. I think you're right about the O.J. being simply too much of a coincidence, and what you said about Will Ferrell commenting in an interview that he & his team occasionally use YouTube during brainstorming sessions makes SNL's copying of my spoof all the more believable.

I don't expect anyone to lambast the other clip, but it'd be fun to hear people weigh in. I give my scout's honor that I don't know anyone at SNL who could have leaked this to me for me to copy before their airing on March 17 (my video was posted to YouTube March 11).

That's the news, and I am out of here!

Buxton_Legal

Anonymous said...

SNL clearly ripped of the comic genius of Buxton_Legal. Andrewlvp is obviously blinded by his affections for Kristen Wiig.

CJ Olson said...

So a certain little girl with the intial (I) would like to see more pictures of the kids!! That's all I'm saying!!

Sorry that ideas are being stolen from SNL but isn't copying a form of flattery?!?

Buxton Legal said...

Agreed. I'm not angry at SNL, just curious. Thanks for props from the Normals, just the same.

The Normals said...

I'm fighting for your fifteen minutes of fame Buxton_Legal.