Thursday, June 01, 2006

Prom, P, P, P, Prom...

Last night the first lady hosted a concert/ dinner/ dance party, in honor of a famous singer, originally from here, that had come to visit from Minneapolis. She invited 200 of her closest friends. I guess it goes without saying that I wasn’t in the ‘200’, but I have friends that are, so they were able to get me a ticket.

We all had a great time. The music was great, as was the dancing. It was a ‘who’s who’ sort of event, everyone dressed in their newest and best clothes. At the end of the night, one of the ladies at our table started talking to me. The music was so loud I couldn’t understand anything she was saying. Later one of my friends leaned over and said, “Do you know who you were just talking to?” I said no, and she told me it was the first lady’s daughter!

I was able to connect with the singer (to the right of me, on the photo) after the event about how we’re both from Mpls. Then she agreed to take a picture with me and my friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i remember that prom commercial...

it's so funny that somebody else referenced it after all this time.

The Normals said...

It was from Y94's Hot 9 at 9 with Lisa Wright. A great show I never missed.