Friday, June 16, 2006

Juuma

Today is our weekend. Tomorrow we start the work week again. We have a six day working week around here with Friday as the day off. Friday is the holy day like Sunday is in west. I don’t really like this 6 day work week thing. I prefer the 2-day weekend. We usually really lie low on Friday. We either go to the beach, the pool or we stay home and let the kids watch Tom and Jerry cartoons all morning. But don’t be deceived by the 6 day work week. Most people only work from about 8 in the morning to about noon everyday. They don’t usually return to work in the afternoon. So you are looking at about 24 hours a week. This makes it difficult to get things done as you can imagine since there is a lot of pressure during those few hours to accomplish everything. The afternoons are reserved for sleeping and the late afternoons are reserved for chewing khat, a mild narcotic leaf that almost every man in the country chews. See the photo of the khat seller.



2 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm sure you're waeaing the native swim wear as shown in your previous Blog... or should I say not wearing.

michael

The Normals said...

You've seen those National Geographic documentaries haven't you? You know what they say about when in Rome.