Since I refuse MySpace, and it's Award's Season, I think it's about time I join the crowd and list my favorite movies.My 14 Favorite Movies of All-Time:
1 Braveheart_____________________________8 Meet the Parents
2 The Godfather___________________________9 Rocky II
3 The Godfather II_________________________10 It’s a Wonderful Life
4 Gladiator______________________________11 Die Hard
5 Apocalypto____________________________12 The Dirty Dozen
6 Hoosiers______________________________13 Iron Will
7 Rocky IV______________________________14 Groundhog Day
If these series are considered movies, then I love them:
Band of Brothers
Horatio Hornblower (better than Master and Commander)
I’m always a sucker for:
Chinese Movies
Boxing Movies
Epics set in middle ages or before
Star Wars Series
James Bond
Submarine Movies
Way overrated:
Lord of the Rings


12 comments:
A very respectable list indeed. I'm a little disappointed the list stopped at 14, but I'm fully aware of your superstitions with the number 15. It's good to see The Dirty Dozen getting the respect it deserves. I'm adding your A+E classics, Horatio, to my Netflix queue.
I'm wondering if you meant "Iron Eagle II" instead of "Iron Will." Hard to leave IE II off any top 14 list:
Type, type, type..."I'm in!" Type, type, type..."I got an F-16!" Type, type, type..."Let's go get Dad!"
The Family Normal= 15 letters
Your Average Joes= 15 letters
Today's date is 2-20-07.
2+20 is 22. 22-07=15
It is very wierd.
15 is the new 23.
Doug is 18. Raised on an air base and born to fly. His father has been shot down 6000 miles away, and has been sentenced to death... for the crime of being an American. Everyone's telling Doug to sit tight and wait. Everyone but Retired Air Force Colonel Chappy Sinclair. They know what they have to do. And they've "borrowed" a pair of F-16s to do it. For them, waiting time is over.
IE is a classic.
Whatever happened to Jason Gedrick - the kid from IE? Last I heard, my friend had seen him at the Superbowl circa 1999...has he retired to the Lifetime channel?
No Dumb & Dumber?!?
What about Saving Private Ryan?
I really debated about putting Dumb and Dumber on the list. It might not be on my list today but certainly it would have been a few years back. It is one of those movies that sort of fade as time goes on but are huge when they new. Sort of like Napolean Dynamite. It was hard for me to put comedys on the list, but Meet the Parents for sure belonged there.
I like Saving Private Ryan but I don't think it was great. It is just like one of the episodes from Band of Brothers. It would have been good there.
I think we shoudl start a new category. Your Favorite Movie Trailors! My current number 1?... "BLADES OF GLORY" I laugh everytime I see it.
Michael
'Tis a funny trailer; especially the pairs skating sequence.
If you're a sucker for Chinese movies and James Bond movies then I have a good one for you. It's a James Bond type movie with a Chinese midget as the hero.
Sounds good, what's it called?
Post a Comment