Sunday, May 06, 2007

Vivid Dreams

4:30 AM [muffled] “Rampa! Rampa! Rampa! [more clearly] Grandpa!” [thud]

For the past four years living in Africa I have had some of the most vivid dreams. I don’t know why. I’ve never taken any malaria medication. I’ve been amazed that I can recall people in my dreams that I haven’t seen or talked to since junior high.

Last night I had a typical, “someone is trying to get me dream.” I had a lot of those last year after we had a thief in our house. One night last year I woke up screaming.

I’ve been sleeping on the couch in the living room since I’ve been back. The couch is about 6 inches too short for me to lay down so I have to put my legs up on the back cushions.

In my dream someone was attacking me by wrapping up my legs. I was trying to get away but to no avail. I started screaming for my Grandpa, I’m not sure why. It was one of those frustrated “I can’t speak clearly because I’m dreaming ‘Grandpas.’” Really it was more like “Rampa!”

Finally I broke free from the “attacker” by jumping off the couch onto the tile floor and landing on my knees. It was about a 3 or 4 foot jump. The “attacker” turned out to be the couch cushion. My knees are a still sore this afternoon. Crazy dream.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know your living situation is pretty unique when everyday life provides a regular dose of good blog fodder.

The Normals said...

Oh my leg. It hurts so much.

Anonymous said...

That picture of your leg reminds me of something I saw on TV the other night.... No, not Nair. But rather this news story about a man bitten by a brown recluse spider. Your leg flesh seriously looks like it's being eaten by venom.

Anonymous said...

Enough of the personal stories! What about the Hasselhoff scandal?! What about Paris Hilton?? We want to know!

The Normals said...

Wow. More Hasselhoff, more personal stories... It's tough being a populist.

PS. No one has ever asked for more Hoff

CJ Olson said...

Wow....I finally saw the leg!! OuCH!!! (The computer I was looking at blocked the pictures)....so are you walking with a cane??!?