Sunday, May 21, 2006

Go Clippers


I've been playing in a basketball tournament for the past couple of months. We play once a week in round-robin type of tournament. We have won most of our games (maybe 6) and lost one to the perennial champion, the Port. We only had 6 guys that night, and no big ones and the Port had several big men. We got killed on the boards. We won our game tonight against the university team. The playoffs apparently start next week. I say apparently because maybe 50% of the time the game is actually played and they always start an hour to an hour and a half late.

The teams we play against are made up of local guys representing various neighborhoods, schools or some type of association. My team is multinational. We have some Philippinos, Malagasies (from Madagascar), French, Somali, and me the lone Yank. Our lingua franca is French. The name of our team is Meharie which is Malagasy. I don’t know what it means.

We’re going to win this thing. We’ve got a good team. I’ll keep you updated.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Do America Proud! Might your playoff games be on some of the ESPN networks? EPSN 8, or ESPN 9?

Let me know so I can TiVo it.

Michael